Your gifts to the NCMS Foundation can be directed to a specific fund or initiative that is particularly meaningful to you. In whichever way you give and to whichever fund you choose, you can be assured that your contributions go directly to improving health care access throughout the state. The primary Foundation funds are:
- Fund for Excellence encompasses all of the Foundation’s health care initiatives and programs and provides the funding for its operations. Gifts to this fund are used where they are most needed at the time of the gift.
- Estes Endowment for Health Care Access was established in 1998 to honor the accomplishments of E. Harvey Estes, Jr., MD. This endowment provides permanent funding for the Foundation’s health care access initiatives.
- Community Practitioner Program Fund supports the efforts of the CPP to bring talented health care professionals to underserved areas of the state that need them the most. To learn more about the CPP program, click here.
- NCMS Leadership College Fund provides educational forums for physicians and physician assistants to help them become effective leaders and advocates for their patients, their communities, and the medical profession. To learn more about the Leadership College, click here.
Ways to Give
- Outright Gifts: Outright contributions, often consisting of cash or appreciated securities, are the most direct way of assisting the NCMS Foundation’s exemplary work and vision.
- Gifts of Cash: Most gifts to the NCMS Foundation are cash contributions, allowing donors to receive full tax benefits if they itemize deductions.
- Gifts of Securities: A gift of appreciated securities, either publicly traded or from a private company, may provide greater tax advantages than gifts of cash. The donor can deduct the current fair-market value as a charitable gift and completely avoid capital gains tax on the appreciation.
- Pledges: Commitments made to the campaign as pledges can be paid over a period of three to five years.
- Employer-Matched Gifts: As many companies come to recognize the value of the NCMS Foundation, they will want to match or multiply donations made by their employees. Those who wish to enhance the value of their gift significantly are encouraged to contact the personnel office of their employer about matching-gift opportunities.
- Planned Gifts: There are many ways in which you can include the NCMS Foundation in your gift planning. For more information on planned giving options, click here.
- Gifts of Personal Property: Contributions of tangible personal property, including rare books, works of art, and antiques, may provide immediate tax advantages.
- Unrestricted Gifts: Much of the NCMS Foundation’s gift support will be unrestricted. This important practice permits the Foundation to use such funds to support all existing programs and new initiatives.
- You can also give in honor or in memory of a friend or loved one. A tribute card will be sent to whomever you wish to honor, informing them of your charitable contribution.
If you would like to give every month to the Foundation, you may opt for Electronic Funds Transfer, where your gift will automatically be drawn from your checking or savings account on a monthly basis. No stamps to buy or checks to write – the NCMS Foundation handles all of the details. To take advantage of EFT, simply fill out the EFT Registration Form.
Give now through our online donation page by clicking the button below:
For more information, contact Pam Highsmith, Director of Development North Carolina Medical Society Foundation, at 1-800-722-1350 or mail to email@example.com.